Over three weeks off social networking, and the world is my oyster. Hours that were currently broken up by mini updates, the “oh it will only take a second to share” no longer break my day up into millions of tiny little pieces. With this, my tolerance for bullshit is at an all time low. The following list comprises all the things I’m pretty sick of at this point, things that seem so trite and petty, that I can’t believe I ever even cared.
- Drama generating tech bloggers
- The Verge
- Drama freethought blogs
- “Social justice warriors” who care little to nothing about animal rights
- iOS vs. Android
- Windows Phone evangelists
- American news sites
- Blog writers who live vicariously through the success of others
- Fergie’s version of Paradise City (terrifying)
- Sports coverage that focuses on cliches over stats
That about covers it for now. I’m working on a number of things now in the background. I keep looking at how crappy social networking has worked out for Skepticism 2.0 that I want to go right to Skepticism 5.0. The thing I’m working on is perhaps the most ambitious thing I’ve ever even thought of. Email me if you want to hear about it!